to Private Practice Skills!
Hey there! I’m Dr. Marie Fang. I am most passionate about helping people live their best life. Not only do I enjoy helping therapy clients get there, but I LOVE supporting fellow therapists in bringing their full and authentic selves to the table in their work.
I started Private Practice Skills because I know so many therapists with a dream to thrive in private practice who feel totally overwhelmed by not knowing where to start or who feel buried by the amount of work they put into it. Private Practice Skills is about teaching you the skills you need to start and grow your practice while doing it your own way.
I work with therapists who:
- need help taking their first steps towards starting a private practice
- already have a practice but are struggling with feeling totally overwhelmed by all the work
- are yearning for an opportunity to find a sense of balance between work and the rest of the things they cherish in life
- desire to have a practice that fits them, rather than feeling like they need to fit into a prescribed mold for private practice
- want to lean into their passions through the work that they do
- are eager to make meaningful change without feeling like they have to sacrifice themselves while they do so
I am grateful to offer the tools to thrive in private practice by sharing some of the things I learned the hard way, and bringing together tools I’ve learned from many of you. I’m all about sharing information and lifting each other up!
Let’s face it: we want to build a private practice because we want a sense of freedom from constraints. We want to work for ourselves and design our lives to fit our needs and preferences.
We don’t want to be told that there is only one way to do things. If we are entrepreneurs, shouldn’t we (by definition) be able to do it our own way?
I think so!
So we should be able to do private practice our own way. We know as therapists that there are no cookie cutter people in the world, so why would we think there should be cookie-cutter strategies for success in private practice?
There is no one-size-fits-all model to thrive in private practice. What’s most important is that YOU feel like you can be your best self and thrive. If you start there, you can build a thriving practice that’s designed to leverage YOU – your gifts, talents, and strengths, and growth areas – to be successful.
When I’m not busy seeing clients or making videos you can catch me:
- eating at chipotle more often than is normal for any human to eat at the same food joint
- hanging with my husband, housemate, and two four-legged friends
- going to the beach (at least) weekly to sloth off the Silicon Valley culture
- searching for Free People clothes off the clearance rack at the thrift store
Want to know more? I share my journey from starting out as a trainee in private practice all the way to why I started Private Practice Skills in this video: